© Bristol Vintage Bus Group 2014-15.  Charity No: 1083056

KHU323P

Bristol LH

KHU323P is a Bristol LH that was delivered new to Bristol Omnibus Company in February 1976.  

KHU363P was given the fleet number 373 and ran as a bus for only eight years before being converted into a towing wagon in June 1984.  It was then renumbered W108.  


When Bristol Omnibus was privatised, the former bus transferred to Badgerline and remained with the company for several years before being sold.  It was later owned by Stroud RE Group and then other companies before being bought for preservation by group members Rob Leighfield and Kevin Eslick in September 2014.


On inspection the engine proved to be in poor condition and work will now take place to get it back to fitness before it appears at rallies and events.

Technical stuff:


Manufacturer:  Bristol Commercial Vehicles

Chassis: Bristol LH6L

Chassis No: LH/1177

Registration No: KHU323P

Date of first registration: February 1976

Fleet No: 373 until 1984, then W108

Engine: Leyland O401

Body manufacturer: Eastern Coachworks

Seating (originally): B43F

Original operator: Bristol Omnibus Co

Withdrawn: (as a bus, 1984)

Subsequent use: towing wagon

Subsequent owners:  Badgerline, Stroud RE Group, Green Triangle, Seaford & District


Arriving at Keynsham, 2014

Nasty mess inside a cylinder