© Bristol Vintage Bus Group 2014-15.  Charity No: 1083056

PFN865

AEC Regent V

PFN865 is an AEC Regent V new to East Kent Road Car Co Ltd in 1959 and later converted to a tow truck.

PFN865 is owned by group members Rob and Oliver Leighfield.


PFN865 is an AEC Regent V that was supplied to the East Kent Road Car Co. in June1959, with a Park Royal double-deck body.  It was based mainly at Thanet and Herne Bay until May 1973 when it was lent to Maidstone and District at Chatham, and eventually transferred to them in June 1974.


It was withdrawn from service in 1975 and work began the following year to convert it to a tow truck.  This took some time and it did not begin work in this role until January 1979, when it was based at Maidstone and later, Borough Green.


It was sold in 1986 and has had several owners since then, before being bought by the Leighfields in 2011.




Technical stuff:


Manufacturer:  AEC

Type:  Regent V

Registration No: PFN865

Date of first registration: June 1959

Body manufacturer: Park Royal

Original operator: East Kent

Withdrawn: 1974

Subsequent owners:

Converted to tow truck 1976-1979

Livery:  East Kent


In its time with Maidstone & District